A complete Touch for Health Kinesiology Foundation course is 4 weekends or 8 days.
- Level 1 – Saturday 16th – Sunday 17th February 2019 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Level 2 – Saturday 16th – Sunday 17th March 2019 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Level 3 – Saturday 27th – Sunday 28th April 2019 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Level 4 – Saturday 18th – Sunday 19th May 2019 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Do you believe that people can have great health by giving their bodies the right tools?
- Are you wanting to feel well, healthy and balanced?
- Do you want to be part of an inspiring, eye-opening course that will change the way you see health?
- Are you are a parent looking to give your child the best start in life, nutritionally, emotionally and educationally?
- Maybe you are looking to help others by embarking in a new and rewarding career in alternative health?
Then Touch For Health Training is for you!
What is Touch for Health?
Touch for Health was developed by John Thie and is a system of Kinesiology that is simple to learn as John believed passionately that Kinesiology should be something available to everyone.
It uses Kinesiology muscle monitoring with the principles of Chinese medicine to assess the energy systems of the body and rebalance using physical, electrical, emotional and nutritional techniques which are both gentle and effective.
What makes Balanced Wellness unique?
Balanced Wellness provides first class training in Kinesiology. Laura Knowles, who teaches the course, is a highly experienced Kinesiology practitioner, with a thriving clinic and years of teaching experience, meaning that all of your questions can be easily answered and the information you receive is current and relevant.
Laura has a warm, approachable teaching style and she prides herself on offering a creative, learning environment as well as putting the needs of her students first and adapting her teaching to peoples individual learning style.
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect if you want to learn more about the wonderful world of Kinesiology to help yourself, family and friends. It is also an opportunity for existing health practitioners to add Kinesiology techniques to their tool kit and is the first step into becoming a fully certified Kinesiology Practitioner.
It is ideal if you are new to the world of health or want a soft landing to learning Kinesiology. Other types of Kinesiology training are often described as overwhelming and confusing, but Touch For Health is easy to learn, apply and absorb so students feel confident with using it.
What is the Touch For Health pathway?
Once you have completed your foundation training, you may attend a ‘Proficiency Weekend’. This is with a different teacher and ensures that you understand and are happy with the content of the Touch For Health syllabus. Its a nice opportunity to recap all you have learnt.
After Proficiency, you may also wish to take the Touch For Health Assessment where a Touch For Health teacher will monitor a practical session and you will have a multiple choice questionnaire to complete. For both parts of the assessment you can take your books in with you and its designed to be a very informal, stress-free environment.
If you decide not to do the Proficiency weekend and assessment, you will receive a certificate of attendance.
Are there careers in Kinesiology available?
There are many different pathways available which we will discuss with you. Currently Balanced Wellness offer a career pathway for people trained to Foundation Level and above. After the Foundation training, you can become a member of the Kinesiology Federation and get insurance to balance people. If you wish to continue your training in Kinesiology we offer advanced courses in Functional Kinesiology after the Foundation course is completed.
What is Kinesiology?
Kinesiology is unique because it works with the body in four key ways – Mental, Chemical, Physical and Electrical.
What will I learn on the course?
You will learn:
- Powerful emotional techniques enabling you to support emotions from the past, present and future
- Food sensitivity testing, plus information about nutrition and how to test for what the body needs
- Structural balancing techniques – to align the body physically
- How to run acupuncture meridians to balance our electrical fields as well as learning Chinese Traditional 5 Element Theory
- Muscle testing – how to muscle test, giving you a direct communication with the body understanding where symptoms are coming from. We teach the 42 muscles required by the National Occupational Standards to class you as a Practitioner in “Foundation Kinesiology”
- Educational Kinesiology – techniques to ‘turn on’ the brain, eyes and ears, to support learning challenges, making learning really easy for children and adults
What is the course structure?
Each module is a full weekend 9.30am-5.30pm. You will be given a course text book and a homework book to complete as part of the course.
Where is the course held?
The course is held in a lovely studio in Langstone, Havant, Hampshire.
There is free parking or it is a 10 minute walk from Havant train station.
What is the cost?
The cost of the 4 week foundation course is £1,200 and includes text books, workbook, certification resources, lunch and refreshments. A non-refundable deposit of £300 is required to reserve your place on the course.
You can either;
- Pay £300 deposit and the balance of £900 paid in four installments of £225 payable a week before each level
- Pay in 6 monthly installments of £200 – if you choose this option your place on the course will be reserved upon payment of your first payment
If you wish to continue and do the proficiency weekend and the assessment, this is an additional £500 in total (£250 each weekend). Balanced Wellness will be hosting proficiency and assessment weekends in January 2020.
If you would like to sit your proficiency before this date, visit the Kinesiology Federation course diary.
To ask any questions or to book your place over email, contact Laura at email@example.com or call 07969 369792.